COVID Safety Measures
COVID Safety Measures
The summary of our key prevention practices includes:
✓ physical distancing to the maximum extent possible
✓ use of face coverings by staff, students and guests
✓ frequent hand washing and regular cleaning and disinfection
✓ training staff on these and other elements of the COVID-19 Safety Measures
This document provides guidance to our staff members on how to support a safe, clean environment for staff members, students and guests. This document will be made public to our customers and students to keep them aware of the guidelines and policy which we will be following. Please check our website on a regular basis for updates and changes.
Classes, workshops and Camp sessions will be carried out using NEW SAFETY MEASURES and overall be limit to classes of 10 or less, require social distancing and face coverings. The guidance is not intended to revoke or repeal any employee rights, either statutory, regulatory or collectively bargained and is not exhaustive, as it does not include county health orders.
As the COVID-19 situation continues, these are precautionary measures important to protect our patrons and the community.
STUDIO SAFETY MEASURES
- Before each workday – staff will have their temperatures taken. Any staff displaying any conditions similar to Covid-19 will be sent home immediately.
- We are limiting the number of people allowed on the Old Town Artisan Studios campus.
- During the period of time that day camps are taking place, there will not be any other art classes conducted.
- Our gates will be closed to the public.
- Parents needing to reach their children will need to call in advance to our reception and make arrangements to talk with their child.
- Open Studio time to our advanced students will not be allowed during the camp time period.
- Each student’s temperature will be taken each day in the OTAS parking lot.
- Students will be asked to wash their hands throughout the day.
- Works spaces will be sanitized prior to camp and at the end of the day. Student will be asked to help clean-up their workspaces.
- Each student will be assigned a designated workspace for the entire week. This will include a worktable space and a chair which will have their name on them. Student will stay in this location throughout the week unless working on a particular project that involves other tools. In wheel classes seat assignments will be made for the week as well.
- Train and communicate with workers and employee about the plan.
CAMP DROP OFF & PICK UP PROCEDURES
- DROP OFF time is between 9:45 a.m. and 9:55 a.m.
- OTAS Staff will meet and greet parents and kids in the OTAS parking lot. There will be a red tent at our entrance to mark the entrance.
- Parent will be asked to pull up to the tent and remain in their car. Only the student will be allowed out of the car.
- The student’s temperature will be taken each morning before the parent can leave.
- The student’s temperature should fall within the 97°F to 99°F range.
- PICK UP time is 3:30 PM and will take place on the back lot of the campus, on Calle Cadiz street.
- Parents may stay in their car. The student will be walked out to the car by the instructor. Parents may call when they are in the parking line to let us know they are here. There is also a large picture window that we will be able to see who is waiting and release kids with their instructor at that time.
- No child will be allowed to meet a parent in the parking lot without an instructor accompanying them.
- We discourage student from leaving early, but we understand sometimes it is unavoidable. In these unique cases, please call our reception to make prior arrangements.
CAMP RULES & PROCEDURES
- Proper use of face coverings, including:
- Face coverings do not protect the wearer and are not personal protective equipment (PPE). Face coverings can help protect people near the wearer, but do not replace the need for physical distancing and frequent hand washing.
- Face coverings must cover the nose and mouth.
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Face coverings should be washed after each day or replaced if disposable.
- Students are responsible for their own lunches. Each child must have lunch, snacks and water.
- Upon drop off, student will place their lunches on a designated cart. We will keep the lunches inside in an air conditioned setting.
- In prior years we have refrigerated or microwaved lunches for the kids, but this year we are eliminating that option in efforts to reduce the number of touches to personal possessions. If lunches need to be kept cold, we ask that you include a chill pack.
- Each student will be given a place to work and sit for the week. Their area will be designated with their name, and their own tools and supplies. Students are asked to remain in this location throughout the week and maintain social distancing as best as they can.
- We will reinforce the importance of frequent hand-washing with soap and water, including scrubbing with soap for 20 seconds.
- Instructors will periodically ask the student to wash their hands throughout the day.
- Workspace per child will be approximately six feet apart from one another.
CLEANING & DISINFECTING PROTOCOLS
- Keeping the workplace clean is everyone’s responsibility.
- Our workspace will be thoroughly cleaned twice a day. Once before students arrive and once after they leave. Workspace that the student will be working in will be cleaned throughout the day. Just by the nature of the work we do, the students will clean their own space. Instructors will be responsible for keeping their workspace disinfected.
- Reception area and studios will have sanitation products, including hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes (when available).
- We will be performing a thorough cleaning in high traffic areas, such as reception areas, PYOP, and studios.
- Frequently disinfect commonly used surfaces including credit card terminals, counters, reception area seating, door handles, light switches, phones, toilets, and sinks.
- We encourage the use of credit cards for payment. If electronic or card payment is not possible, customers should come with exact cash payment or check.
Our water dispenser will be temporarily removed. Please ensure your child has plenty of water.